- 2 large sausages
- olive oil
- 1 Delicata Squash, cut in half lengthwise, seeds and pulp removed, then cut into 1 1/2" slices, do not peel squash
- kosher salt
- Set oven to 425.
- Put olive oil in an oven-proof pan and heat over medium low heat.
- Prick sausages all over with a fork.
- Slowly brown the sausages on all sides, letting the fat ooze out into the pan.
- Remove sausages from pan, set aside.
- Put squash pieces into pan, and cook over medium low heat a few minutes per side.
- Grind a generous amount of fresh pepper over pieces, and a slight sprinkle of kosher salt.
- Place sausages back in pan.
- Put pan into oven for 15-20 minutes
- Half way through cooking, flip squash and sausages, but if you forget, no big deal.
Serve with some high quality crusty bread.