Anyways, the olives I used for this are your basic jarred green olives. I used Sicilian ones from Pastene, but look in that section of the grocery store and you'll see Sicilian, Queen, Manzanilla from various brands. All will work here and are very affordable. To pit the olives, use the heel of your palm to squish the olives hard, so that the flesh comes loose from the pit.
It is very important to squeeze the artichoke hearts to remove as much liquid as possible. Just put them in your fist and squeeze. Otherwise you will have soupy tapenade.
Ingredients- makes 2 cups of tapenade
- 1 can artichoke hearts, drained, then squeezed well of all excess liquid.
- 1 cup of pitted green olives
- 1/2 TBS capers, drained and rinsed very well
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- juice of half a lemon
- 1/4 tsp smoked paprika
- 4-5 TBS extra virgin olive oil
- Put all ingredients into food processor and buzz until mostly smooth
- With food processor running, pour in olive oil slowly until desired tapenade texture is achieved