So, it is a little late to make these for today's big Pats game day, but since I'm sure they'll be playing next week...plan ahead accordingly! :)
The following recipe makes enough for two very hungry adults not eating anything else (except maybe a salad, to you know, balance things out).
For the wings:
- 1 1/2 pounds wings (if the wing is still attached to the drumstick, separate, although often you can buy wingettes and drumettes together, already separated)
- 2 TBS flour
- 1 tsp kosher salt
- 1 tsp fresh ground black pepper
- 1 tsp smoked paprika (or 1 tsp of your favorite chili powder blend
- Preheat oven to 450
- Put flour, salt, pepper and paprika in a large ziplock bag and shake to mix.
- Add wings.
- Close bag and shake to coat wings all over with seasoned flour.
- Cover rimmed baking sheet with foil (this is the easy cleanup part!) and lightly oil with olive or vegetable oil
- Place wings on foil-lined baking sheet, drizzle or spray a little oil atop each wing
- Place in oven for 45 minutes until browned and crispy.
- Turn wings at 30 minute mark and 15 minute mark.
- 2 TBS unsalted butter, melted
- 2 TBS jalapeño jelly (or other hot pepper jelly, like an apricot-habanero), melted (careful melting this in a microwave, it melts within about 10 seconds)
- 2 TBS Sriracha
To prepare wings to serve:
- Put sauce ingredients in a large bowl, whisk to combine
- Add wings, hot from the oven
- Toss to coat wings in sauce thoroughly
- Consume whilst making mmmm noises and marveling that you don't have 3 quarts of oil to clean up, or a pan to scrub or anything more than washing a bowl and a couple plates....