- 1 1/4 cup farro
- olive oil
- 3/4 pound ground lamb, preferably local and sustainable
- 1 TBS Vindaloo Seasoning (I like Penzeys)
- 1 cup celery, diced
- 1/2 cup red onion, small dice
- 1/2 cup golden raisins
- 1/2 cup slivered toasted almonds
- 6-8 leaves of fresh mint, sliced into thin ribbons (aka...chiffonade)
- 1/2 tsp kosher salt
- Cook your farro according to package instructions to a doneness of al dente, adding a teaspoon of salt to the water. Depending on what sort of farro you have (regular, pearled, semi-pearled), this could take between 15 and 30 minutes of cooking time.
- When farro is cooked, drain and place in a bowl, add a TBS of olive oil and toss.
- Meanwhile, while farro is cooking, brown the ground lamb over medium high heat in a little bit of olive oil. Half way through browning, mix in the vindaloo seasoning.
- Combine lamb, farro, celery, red onion, golden raisins, almonds, mint and salt and toss well.
- Serve warm, or refrigerate and reheat slowly in microwave before serving.