Makes 2 servings of 3 tacos each.
To make Garden Salsa, toss together following and let sit for 5 minutes:
- 10-15 cherry tomatoes, yellow pear tomatoes, grape tomatoes or combo, sliced in halves and/or quarters
- half a medium/small zucchini, soft center and seed removed, roughly diced
- half a serrano pepper, stemmed and seeded, minced
- 1 TBS chopped cilantro
- 1/2 tsp kosher salt
- few grinds of fresh black pepper
Ingredients for Shrimp Tacos:
- 12 oz. raw, shelled and deveined 31-40 count (medium) shrimp
- 1 TBS olive oil
- 2 whole cloves garlic, peeled
- 1/2 tsp chopped fresh oregano or 1/4 tsp dried
- 1/4 tsp Aleppo Pepper (or smoked paprika, or red hot pepper flake)
- 1/4 tsp kosher salt
- a few grinds of fresh black pepper
- 6 corn tortillas
- Heat olive oil over medium-high heat.
- Add garlic, and cook garlic until lightly browned all over, turning as needed, then discard garlic
- Add shrimp all at once.
- Add seasonings.
- Cook over medium heat, turning once or twice for 3 or 4 minutes, or until shrimp are cooked through.
- Using a slotted spoon put shrimp into a bowl.
- Heat tortillas in microwave or regular oven until pliable
- Serve shrimp and garden salsa in tortillas